Vessel: 58.2m custom motor yacht comprising a full displacement steel hull and aluminium superstructure, 9.6m beam, 860 gross tonnage, 9 cabins over 4 teak decks - sun, upper, main and lower decks.
Motor Yacht HVAC Plan and Installation Area
The HVAC infrastructure comprises of a number of supply and extract units with filters each servicing specific areas of the vessel. For the purposes of this study and following analysis of the vessel plans below it was decided that a single REME HALO LED unit would be installed in the supply infrastructure servicing the crew quarters on the Lower Deck that are constantly occupied. The source AHU is located on the starboard Upper Deck external bulkhead in front of the Wheelhouse.
The following stepped approach was followed:
1. Visit vessel to survey HVAC infrastructure and confirm proposed install location. This visit happened on Thursday 12 Nov 2020.
2. Perform installation of REME HALO LED in supply AHU main branch on Upper Deck
3. Select 5 ATP surface swab locations in the treatment catchment area on Lower Deck
4. Take Control ATP surface swab readings
5. Turn on REME HALO LED and leave on 24/7 until next visit. Existing vessel cleaning protocols to continue (one visit per week)
6. Re-visit to repeat ATP surface swab readings. This visit happened on Friday 27 Nov 2020.
The following surface swab locations were chosen:
1. Cabin 6 (occupied by 2 crew members) – bedside table surface and door handle/surround
2. Cabin 2 (occupied by 1 crew member) – bedside table surface and door handle/surround
3. Cabin 4 (occupied by 1 crew member) - bedside table
Given the compartmented nature of the vessel it was clear these locations could be relied upon to provide both meaningful control and treated ATP bioluminescent measurements. Indeed, the small size of each conditioned space pointed to superior results which were confirmed in the actual measurements.
The device used to measure the surface swabbings was Hygiena SystemSure surface swab kit (measures in RLU to determine levels of ATP, an enzyme that is an indicator of cellular respiration of microbes)
See attached file for results